Friday, July 12, 2013

Masking Technique

I have really been enjoying participating in the challenges over at the Heart 2 Heart Blog. The first challenge for July was to use the masking technique. This is a technique I had forgotten about lately. It has been a long time since I have done this technique and I must admit, it is a technique that challenges me than I would like. ;-) I used one of my favorite stamp sets, Treasure Life. Even though it is retired, I still love to pull it out and create with it. I used my brayer to ink the white daisy cardstock with Honey ink. I then punched a 1 and 1/2" circle and placed it over the Honey background. I then used the brayer to apply Goldrush ink over the entire background page. When I removed the circle, I had a nice fall sunset to stamp my flowers and sentiment in cocoa. I then added cocoa and white daisy cardstock to complete the card. When I look at the card I see a fall sunset, my son said it looked like summer to him, and my husband said it makes him think of the Lion King. (I think I might skip asking his opinion next time. Lol!) 



Supplies: 


Cardstock - Cocoa and White Daisy  - Close To My Heart 
Treasure Life Stamp Set - Close To My Heart 
Cocoa, Goldrush, and Honey Ink Pad - Close To My Heart 
Scotch ATG 
Glue Dots 
Pop Dots

4 comments:

  1. Love this stamp set too, it was the first one I purchased. Love the card too, the masking is also something I do not use very often, but a good tool to keep in our tool box. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, LaJeania! I love the warm tones and stamp set you chose. To me I think of an autumn sunset when I see this card. It really is very pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges this month.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty! This set is still one of my all-time favorites. Thanks for stepping out of your comfort zone and taking the H2H masking challenge!

    ReplyDelete